Inclement weather, a re-scheduled meeting, then a rainy Tuesday…nothing could stop the 27 Garden Club members who came to socialize and to listen to Liz Donaghy—The Garden Goddess—on the 2014 Gardening Trends.
- Ground UP—recycling and composting
- Super Foods—Dandelions move from the Italian table to edibles for the rest of us!
- Drink Your Garden—Growing berries to use in smoothies, cocktails…
- Dress Up Your Yard—Liz asked us to think about our gardens as another room!
- Bee-nificials—We’re probably aware of the need for bees. Plant native, pollen rich flowers for our flying friends!
- Cultur-vating—Mix cultures with the local environment.
- Simple Elegance–One color in a container, etc.
- Frac’d Up—Neat lines are mixing with triangles, circles…
- Young Men Get Down and Dirty—Grilling and growing their hops for beers and taking the kids out to play in the dirt.
- Think Gardens—Indoor plants are said to make us smarter, more productive.
- Fingertip Gardens—Check out mobile apps for designing and maintaining your garden!
- Tree-mendous Reversal—Plant more trees!
Adapted from 2014 Garden Trends Report. http://www.gardenmediagroup.com/clients/client-news/348-gmg-unveils-2014-trends
Download a copy of the full report: http://goo.gl/XEvL1E