While Christmas may be far off, once again the Garden Club will be responsible for decorating one of the trees in the Atrium of the Ocean City Free Public Library. So, why this post in July???? Please read on…
Our Christmas tree will be decorated with dried flowers—mostly hydrangeas—ribbons, etc. So…here is where your participation comes in…We need you to dry LOTs of hydrangeas…other flowers, also.
To dry the blooms…
- Take a loose bunch of stems—take off all leaves and hang on a hanger by clothes pins, green covered plant wire, or rubber bands.
- Hang upside down in a dry area with circulating air, but no sun—e.g., garage, shed, attic, covered porch.
- Hang them on rafters, clothes trees, whatever you have in the garage, shed, etc.
- It takes about 6 weeks. Some will dry better than others, so we need a lot!
- Further information, discussion, next steps will take place at our September meeting.
Please note the DATE CHANGE for our first meeting—September 8, 2015, Noon!